October 27, 2011

On My Own


Last night, somehow I just could not sleep. Was in bed by 1030pm but I just laid there staring at the ceiling. Had one of those 'future thoughts' again. Suddenly I was thinking what do I want to do in the future? Should I continue this path of doing media/visual effects? To be honest, I never even considered this course. It was my last choice WHICH I thought it would be impossible for me to get. A sem later, I actually thought that this was interesting, maybe I could do this in the future. It's a good paying job (provided I get a job) but chances of finding a good one in Singapore itself is really hard.

Then come my parents. Obvious that they are not really convinced of this whole media+future thing. Mothership is always talking about the different things in Uni. Architecture, business, blah blah blah. Frustrating as it sounds, my dad is no help either. 

For now, I just want to survive Year One please?